|Job Type||Temporary / Contract|
|Salary||Up to £16 per hour|
Maintenance Operative - Mobile
Temp Contract - £16 PAYE Ltd can be an option also
Mon - Fri 8am - 5pm
Own transport is required
Our Client, a large housing association, are looking for someone to join their busy team as a Maintenance Operative.
- Responsive repairs and maintenance service for day to day repairs, dealing with, general repair and maintenance on commercial/domestic buildings
- Treating damp/mould and condensation in properties and revisit within a designated time scale. Report back to manager any follow-on repairs required.
- Carry out minor communal repairs.
- Use a mobile working device to record all works.
- Handyperson duties.
- Ensure the maintenance service is delivered in response to the diverse needs of residents and customers
- Respond to emergencies i.e. fire alarms, making property secure, water leaks etc.
- Plumbing- Blockages and water leaks, replacement of shower controls and taps etc, waste fittings, wc seats, wc cistern repairs, pipe fittings, WM installation etc.
- Carpentry- Locks and casements, overhaul doors, fitting and replacing door closers, window handles, assemble flat pack furniture, fitting shelves, window dressings, other minor carpentry repairs etc.
- Paint and Decorations- Able to work to a high finish using different paint products.
- Electrical- Changing light bulbs, replacing small appliance fuses, troubleshooting minor faults. Resetting timeclocks
- Other- Patch plastering, furniture replacement, delivery of internal post, key management, wall tiling, low level rainwater goods repairs, graffiti removal, building and site repairs, bulk rubbish removal and recycling bins, providing access to contractors and liaising with residents.
- Assist the Maintenance Manager with managing the cyclical maintenance programme and inform of failures or control issues.
- Manage stock control including furniture and electrical items.
- Ensure that void properties are made ready for letting within target times and to our lettable standards.
- Ensure that repairs and damage, which are the responsibility of the outgoing residents, are identified and the Property Managers informed. Liaise with Property Managers regarding scheduling voids for redecoration.
- Carry out general property inspections working with Property Manager Display a friendly, flexible, helpful and courteous attitude to colleagues, residents and the general public.
Please note the successful candidate:
- Must have a valid UK driving licence
- Must have knowledge of health & Safety in the work place
- Will be put through a DBS check
- Is required out of hour call outs if arranged with Candidate
- Overtime available
References will be requested upon application.