|Job Type||Temporary / Contract|
|Sector||Electronics & Telecommunication|
|Salary||£11 - £12 per hour|
£11.00 - £12.00 p/h PAYE
41 hrs per week, 6am starts, Mon - Thurs
2 weeks days / 2 weeks nights
Working in a busy manufacturing & production area, for a large engineering site based in Greenwich, London, you will be reporting to your department Supervisor.
Working in a team of Inspectors to ensure efficient, safe and accurate test and inspection of electronic sub-assemblies, assembled units, kit, components and in-coming goods.
You will be directly responsible for ensuring quality of high-quality products for our external customers.
Previous experience is essential; however, this may be your first role within the fibre-optics industry.
These roles offer an opportunity to join a world-renowned company, who are specialists in their field.
- Undertake visual inspection of assembled articles, manufactured by on site operators, ensuring all ESD product disciplines are adhered to and products are correctly built and tested.
- Liaising with other departments and Supervisors to ensure the timely build and transfer of your product.
- Following Engineering diagrams to ensure Operators have adhered to written instructions.
- High precision soldering for reworks
- Ability to electrically wire units
- Provide a professional, courteous and efficient service to our internal customers.
- Work with team colleagues to ensure the workplace environment is maintained to a high standard of cleanliness and tidiness and complies with company and legislative standards at all times.
- Take reasonable care of both your own health and safety and that of others who may be affected by your acts or omissions.
- Ensuring all company safety and quality systems are followed and all relevant legislation complied with, raising concerns and reporting any incidents or suggestions to your line manager.
KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS REQUIRED
- The ideal candidate would be IPC Certified
- Possesses a good standard of numeracy and literacy, and IT competent.
- Good understanding of, and commitment to, safe working practices.
- Previous manufacturing, production, technical or engineering experience would be desirable
- Good communication skills and customer focused.
- Previous Soldering experience
Candidates will be invited for an assessment day rung by CMS before a possible interview with the client directly. Please make sure you can get to North Greenwich for 6am, happy with night shifts and willing to attend an assessment and interview on separate occasions.