Compliance Officer / Auditor
|Job Type||Temporary / Contract|
|Sector||Administration & HR|
|Salary||£14 - £15 per hour + Parking, Holiday Pay and Gym Facilities|
Long term Ongoing Contract
£14 - £15ph
Holiday Pay, Free Parking and gym facilities available.
The role of a compliance officer is mainly to ensure business compliance, through auditing, and development of procedures and the Quality Management System, in line with the business's needs, the Customer and Certification requirements.
This is a highly visible and influential role, you'll take responsibility for ensuring that everything we do meets not just industry standards but exceeds and improves on our own standards.
Main Duties/Responsibilities of a Compliance Officer :
- Review and Develop the Business Management System, improvements including best practice to the businesses procedures and business management system.
- Instil a quality culture within the functional areas you are in contact with.
- Give guidance to all functional areas on procedures compliance and access.
- Support and conduct audits - as conducted Internally, Customer and Certification Bodies
- Responsible for documenting audit findings, issuing and managing the non-conformance ensuring a suitable response, implementation and closure in a timely manner.
- Gather data and develop trend information on the sites NCs findings along with proposing solutions to improve and promote compliance.
- Ensure compliance to all corporate procedures, liaising with the central office as appropriate.
- Adhere to the internal procedures and quality plans as defined.
- Develop and deliver training into the business - i.e. Quality Induction & audit awareness.
- Capture or develop when required data for the businesses key performance indicators e.g. audit compliance, NC trend analysis, and as defined by the business on a weekly /monthly bases.
- Support Management Review activities by compiling data and presentation material.
- Provide innovative solutions and suggestions to drive improvements within the BMS.
- Support / participate in continuous improvement events within the business.
- Support / participate in site improvements, e.g. Failure & Material Review Boards and Corrective action and problem-solving teams in line with the ASN processes
- Support the QRQC process
- Monitor and escalate, where necessary, internal quality issues
- Identify internal departmental process improvements
- Support production on all quality issues to ensure a timely disposition
- Work with the Engineering and other departments to ensure continuity and flow of production.
- Support the organisations Culture change programme
- Support Supplier audits are required
Required Experience and Education for a Compliance Officer:
- Have extensive experience in manufacturing environments.
- HNC or above qualification - preferably related to engineering, telecoms industry or auditing.
- Experience in 1st and 2nd party auditing
- Industry accepted formal auditor qualification related to auditing in safety, technical compliance and/or environmental (desired)
- Good understanding of root cause & corrective action.
- Exposure to Lean practise.
- Good communication skills and ability to coach, influence and negotiate.
- Ability to organise workloads and to prioritise effectively (required).
- Minimum 2 yrs experience auditing and working in an ISO9001 or AS9100 organisation.
- Good problem-solving skills and an investigative mentality.
- Excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proactive and highly motivated.